Terrorist act or not, our immigration and airport security are screwed. Seriously. The security is lax, that is for sure, especially when departing but surely missing passports will cause a red flag in the system? I don't know how it works. There are talks (from Americans) that it IS terrorism, however no one is owning up to it yet. Please do note right now the plane or bodies or debris or even the black boxes have all yet to be found so everything is just speculation, including pilot error. Latest reports say some passenger of the next flight from Beijing took some photos of debris, some said the pilot seemed to be turning the plane around.
IF the pilot was turning the plane around, it could indicate an act of terrorism OR something not right with the plane. But none of these explains why there never was any distress signal or call to the tower, more so when turning the plane around. It would mean whatever happened happened very very fast, lack of debris of vast area of debris means it could have been a mid air explosion. And with explosions, it could also mean a bomb or something akin to a bomb.
HOWEVER, and a HUGE however, maybe whatever happened crippled the communication system? Could that happen?
What we do know now for sure is ...
1. MAS has an excellent safety record
2. nothing to suggest a suicidal captain or crew (I am offended by this speculation!)
3. That plane by Boeing also has an excellent safety record
4. the same plane was chipped on the wing in 2012 or so. However if fixed, it doesn't explain the lack of distress signal so I will say this is of no connection at all but wing could indicate sudden plunge although I read before the tail would be the culprit.
5. No debris thus far
6. Nothing at all found thus far except for small but important traces
7. 2 unknown individuals bought tickets via China using stolen passports (NOT fake passports) - could they be illegal workers or people intending to jump plane? The ticketing path may suggest that or they could be terrorist but if terrorists, who? and why?
8. Malaysian security is lax or rather maybe American security is too strict. I agree it was lax but not like you can walk in without checks.
9. the plane is still deemed missing as opposed to crashed but couldn't be up in the air anymore since petrol would have finished by now
10. the pilot tried to turn the plane around - why? technical failure? Why no distress signal?
The thing that is puzzling everyone is the lack of distress signal and that leads most to assume it was terrorism. Again what if communication was down? Is that possible? Some said maybe it has crash landed somewhere where communication is impossible but in the world of GPS, Ipads, Handphones, etc surely there must be some signal? I was wondering could those Ipad signals help? I mean like missing Ipads activated and indicate the position sort of thing? Or am I too naive that such a technology does not exists to the point can pin point a crash site?